October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So Get Your Pumpkins in for a Mammogram! October 8 - 11, 2012

"All we have in this world is hope and faith..."

October 8 - 11, 2012

I'd love to have some exciting things to write about and some great things happening in my life, but the truth is this is a tough week.  Each morning starts with a 9 AM shot, followed by work, followed by resting in bed, and then a little sleep.  Yep, I'm living the life!

Monday - 9 AM shot from Dad.  I was up most of the night in pain.  My hips, knees, shoulders, and legs are hurting at all times.  So much pain that I have a hard time getting things done today.  Fortunately I am off of work.  I just have time to think about the discomfort.  In my mind I am counting down the days until my next treatment and I have convinced myself that I will magically feel better immediately after my sixth and final round.  Who the heck am I trying to kind.  I only left the house to get a massage to attempt to relieve some of the pain.  Kim did an amazing job and even had a cute gift waiting when I arrived. One great thing that I saw today was a picture of Christine's marathon singlet on Facebook.  Awesome!!

Kim decided to give Audrey a pink "wig".  What a great gift and I LOVE the movie!


Christine's marathon singlet!  You are AMAZING!!!


Tuesday - 9 AM shot from Dad.  The majority of the day is spent working.  My discomfort is still there, but gets better each day.  I only left the house to run and get brats hand delivered from Michigan.  Some of the Papesh's were there over the weekend and they brought me home some of my favorites!  Since I didn't get to have them in Michigan, this is the next best thing.  Thanks for thinking of me Chris!  Work is full of additional stress today.  My boss (and friend) has announced that she has taken another position within ACS.  I knew the change was coming, but it is still sad to see it in writing.  The organization continues to make changes and recently these changes are impacting my life.  It should be an interesting few weeks.  I've worked with Staci for the majority of my years at ACS.  We will still work together in some ways, but not as closely as we have over time.  Mom and Dad came over for dinner.  Nothing fancy, but some quality time together.

Wednesday - 9 AM shot from Dad.  Are you seeing a pattern here?  My days are like Groundhog Day.  I had a slow start to today.  I'm simply feeling tired and sore, so I spent a little longer in bed than usual this morning.  I literally spend more time in bed than I spend time out of bed these days.  It is a pretty sad statement, but at least I have a comfy bed!  My day was spent working.  There are so many projects that I need to pull together before I am off work for surgery.  Some days I don't feel like I know where to start, but today was a good flow of a day at work.  I did get a fantastic delivery.  I've joked so much about a Bedazzler and now I have my very own!!  Thank you Today!  Miss you so much and appreciate your thoughts and prayers!  I can't wait to figure out what I will Bedazzle first...I'm thinking Henry may be a good canvas to add a little sparkle to!  The evening is spent resting and texting with friends...Hensley and Stephanie in PA.  Always great to catch up and see what is going on in their lives.  Stephanie ended the text with "All we have in this world is hope and faith..."  My response was "You're right, but I like a solid plan to add to hope and faith ;)"

I love that the box of the Bedazzler hasn't changed since I was a kid.  I'm a little intimidated by it and I don't know what to bedazzle!  Thanks, Toby!  XOXO
Thursday - 9 AM shot from Dad.  I was up and working bright and early today.  It seems like a pattern that it takes me about a week to really recover from a round of chemo.  The addition of all the shots is slowing down the recovery process, but I'm feeling pretty well today.  My IM is blinking pretty early and I am asked to call in to work.  I always get nervous when someone says "call me", "we need to talk", etc.  That pit in my stomach drops and I worry that I am in trouble.  Then I spend a few minutes trying to think of reasons why I may be in trouble.  It is a vicious cycle that I blame on my Catholic guilt!  This call in to Ann was for a good reason.  She's asked me to join her and other from ACS on Windy City Live next week.  Windy City Live took over the "Oprah spot" when she went off the air and they have a large following in Chicago.  I'm supper excited because I have the show on every day and because I think the main host is adorable.  They all just seem fun and down to earth on the show.  So, I agree to join her next Thursday.  When I hang up the phone I think it all through and realize that I have just agreed to show my bald melon without makeup for all of the Chicagoland area to see.  YIKES!!!  I may never get a date again.  My second thought is...How the heck do I drop 20 lbs in a week!  Seriously, I have put on so much weight with chemo, my dark circles are worse than Uncle Fester's, and I will need to shine my melon.  Destined to spend my life alone!!!   I guess I've put it all out here on the blog, so what's so bad about TV???  What am I thinking.  Fortunately, it is a beautiful Fall day in IL.  My favorite time of year.  Cindi is in New Mexico at the balloon festival and sent this amazing picture.  I really need to travel.  Finances have kept me close to home, but there are so many amazing places to see.


Balloon Festival

Funniest part about today would be Kevin's post on Facebook!  He's a HUGE Chicago Bears' fan!  I mean HUGE!  I didn't see his post from this past Sunday until today when someone "liked" it.  Here's what this past Sunday's post said.  It is the same day that we were all at Strides:

"Today is not only Bears Sunday, but it's Sue's Sunday too! So in honor of both of them, I thought I'd sing two fight songs today! So here we go... a one, a two, and one-two-three... Bear down...Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to Victory, Bear down...Chicago Bears, put up a fight with the might so fearlessly.. we'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation!
 Bear down... Chicago Bears... and let them know why you're wearing the crown, you're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears.. BEAR DOWN!! Now for Susie... Bear down... Susie Ward, make every day clear the way to Victory, Bear down...Susie Ward, put up a fight with the might so fearlessly...we'll never forget the way you thrilled your WE club with your Determination! Bear down...Susie Ward... and let them know why you're wearing Zara, you're the pride and joy of Joliet, Susie Ward.. BEAR DOWN!! (bump, bump!) Now let's cheer for two victories today people! And that deserves a big time HEY NOW!!"



I hope you all are having a GREAT week.  Life is too short not to.

XOXO,

S



No comments:

Post a Comment