FML - Brenda is in my bed with a cherry cake donut! - June 27, 2012

Life isn't always a bowl of cherries, some times its the pits!


Mom returned with my freshly dried and folded laundry, seemed innocent enough.  So, we made the bed and she resumed her cleaning.  She's going to kill me if she reads this, but it always makes me laugh.  My Mom does an odd thing when she helps me clean my house.  She changes her clothes completely, she puts on an over sized shirt, no bottoms, and wears her shoes...it's an odd look that I have gotten used to, but it still makes me cringe.  So, here's Brenda with her skinny legs cleaning the house...her way of coping always seems to involve cleaning...clearly, I did not get that family trait...I cope by eating junk food.  Well, the bed is made and I'm ready to get in, but I need to be wrapped in my bandage again.  So, Mom and I decide to try to get things moving.  I once again get dizzy and can't bring myself to getting the wrap on.  We move to the dining room table because I think that maybe that will help...again, I am too dizzy to be wrapped.  It was at this moment that I felt more helpless than I had felt in years. I pride myself on being independent, I cherish my alone time, I hate that my illness is once again impacting the lives on my family and friends, I hate that I haven't stood up straight in days...I melted into my chair and sobbed all while apologizing to my Mom for this happening, yet again.  The breakdown lasted for sometime, but I finally pulled myself together, wrapped my breast, crawled in to bed, and said good night to my Mom.


Apparently, my "good night" fell upon deaf ears.  I was hardly under the covers when Mom decided that she was staying the night and crawled into my bed.  This is NOT ACCEPTABLE behavior!  Not even Frank (my cat) could handle the stress of a stranger in his bed.  Conversation ensued that discussed the fact that she WAS NOT STAYING the night...I truly think she thought I might give in.  Picture if you will, me texting on my phone, Frank pacing and stressing out, and Brenda getting into my bed with a cherry cake donut in hand....WAIT...I have clean sheets and you're bringing a cherry cake donut into my bed for your late night snake....  The text that was sent to Steph simply said "FML...Brenda just climbed into my bed with a cherry cake donut and she thinks she's staying the night!"  Steph's response...""What's FML?"...my response "Seriously?"  So, if you do not know the meaning of FML...please google it.  I decided to tell Mom the meaning of FML that night...I don't think she was too happy with me!  My parents don't swear...clearly, this apple fell FAR from the tree!  Brenda was allowed to stay until 10 PM and then I sent her on her way with a couple of cherry cake donuts in hand...love her dearly, but she's not moving in, staying the night, or eating cherry cake donuts in my bed anytime soon!


XOXO,


Sue






If you or anyone you love is facing cancer PLEASE reach out to the American Cancer Society.  Nobody should face cancer alone.   http://www.cancer.org/  or 800.227.2345.   24 hours a day 365 days a year.  WE are here for you.

5 comments:

  1. You may find this the stupidist comment you may ever receive, but you are an awesome writer. I was apprehensive to log onto your blog site because I just didn't know what to expect. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I find myself crying one minute and laughing at you the next. I love that you can find humor when your heart is filled with such sadness. You amaze me! Keeping you in my close in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I can so picture Mom with her cherry cake donut in your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone, I do know that "donut" is not the correct spelling of "doughnut", but who actually spells it that way???

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!!! Somehow, at some point, you have GOT to figure out how to print some of these out, like this one, to look back on later for a GOOD laugh! That's hilarious about your mom! Gotta love her, right! LOL

    ReplyDelete