It's a cellphone...does it need to have a crazy ringtone?? June 28, 2012

"Oh, you have a classical music ring tone?  You must be so elegant and cultured!"


This is not meant to offend anyone with a ringtone...feel free to list what you use for yours!


I am one of those people who simply does not understand the purpose of crazy ring tones.  I don't event like the sound of a ringing phone.  That's why I prefer texting or emails.  I think phones should be on silent or vibrate the majority of the time.  If you are ever in our team meetings you will notice the "twitch" I get when the Irish Jig comes out of Ann's phone when a call comes from home...sorry, Ann couldn't resist...I know your phone has the ability to go on silent!  ;)  My Mom's phone has to have the most annoying ring tone, but at least it's not a song and I can't blame her for the fact that she doesn't know how to turn it to silent or vibrate...she still gets calling cards for her phone.  Strange, but true.  


Well, I had to meet with a plastic surgeon today.  I'm clearly not ready for that next step, but the appointment was made for me and being a good patient I decided to go to see if I liked the guy.  I arrived at the office and there was a huge storm blowing in.  So, I took my seat and waited to meet the man who could potentially make me perky forever.  The waiting room was large, but empty.  So, it was peaceful and relaxing...exactly what I needed.  Sadly, that didn't last long.  Soon, the door came flying open with a character that was larger than life..all decked out, big hair, big jewelry, and a ring tone from HELL..."BABY GOT BACK"!  Seriously, am I in college again?  Are we at Garnsey with the jukebox?  Who the heck has "Baby Got Back" for a ring tone???...mind you, she did have "back", but seriously?  It was like she walked in with a band in tow and they were playing her anthem.  I'm not even sure how she had the volume up so loudly.  She chose to let the phone ring and ring and ring...checked in, took a seat, and finally answered her phone.  Then I realized that she was possibly one of the loudest people I have ever heard on the phone.  I know things about this stranger that I should never know.  Well...here comes her girlfriend with her bluetooth in her ear and speaking just as loudly.  Joliet's finest are in the house!!!  "Baby Got Back" must have played about 10 more times before she was finally called in to the office...please people...consider using silent or vibrate in public situations.  Or at least in doctor's offices and hospitals. While you add a little smirk to my face, you look pretty silly in the long run!  You have caller id...do you need a song to also remind you of the person who is calling?


If you have a ringtone for me right now...please switch it to Gym Class Heroes "The Fighter"...that's what I'll be doing the next several months!  I will stick to having ALL of your ringtones as the iPhone "strum". 


On a funny note...Mom had some great "non-PC" questions when I got home from the surgeon's office.  Let's just say that Asian is a race, Oriental is a rug.  Brenda, you keep me laughing...that's all that counts.


On a good note, I liked my potential plastic surgeon, but I'm still going to shop around.  Several months before I head down that past!  And apparently, he said I won't come out of it all looking like a Playboy centerfold...strange comment to make, but true.


XOXO,


S



If you or anyone you love is facing cancer PLEASE reach out to the American Cancer Society.  Nobody should face cancer alone.   http://www.cancer.org/  or 800.227.2345.   24 hours a day 365 days a year.  WE are here for you.

6 comments:

  1. Sue - You know I had the "double-whammy". Susan Schneider is "it"! You would absolutely love her.
    Hugs and kisses - been through it all as you know. HAPPY to talk about it or answer any questions. You were there for me, now it's my turn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... I am one of those 'ringtone' people...I will now be putting it on silent when I am out in public, as I do not want to be the subject of anyone's blog in the future!

    Good luck with the plastic surgeon search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My current ringtone is the Harry Potter theme. Dorky, I know but it has meaning for me and my oldest son. After I'm done catching up with your blog, I'm changing it to The Fighter. I think so many people, you included, when I hear that song. I'm lucky to have known so many "fighters" and I realize I'm a much better person as a result. You are amazing, Sue! Keep fighting, old friend! xo

    ReplyDelete