The Waiting Games - June 27 - July 1

"When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny." - Paulo Coehlo

 I start vacation at 5 PM today!!!  Kind of a strange coincidence from my first battle with bc. The first time I was diagnosed with bc I was on vacation for the week. It kind of works out well for doctor appointments, but puts a damper on your vacation plans. Well, it has been a week now...plenty of time to digest the information and figure out a plan...are you kidding me?? I'm still trying to figure out what day it is. Actually, I am doing much better than most people probably realize. Basically staying busy with work and appointments and hoping that my life hasn't hit the J-town rumor mill. Joliet is a town of about 150,000 people, but when you spend most of your life here, people tend to know too much about you. This can be both good and bad. I just prefer to keep things a little on the private side...yes, I just said that while writing this blog. Maybe by "private" I mean "factual" side. It's only been a week and I have not let too many people into the "inner circle" on what all is happening. Just a few emails and texts, but not too much detail.  Let's face it, I really don't have the details. We had a Diva night planned...REO at the Taste of Joliet. To be honest, I really didn't want to go before I found out that I had cancer again, so it was definitely not on my radar now that life had taken a turn. The Taste has many years of positive & negative history among friends, but also some great times...but it is 100 degrees in Joliet today. Who the heck wants to be standing in a stadium with a ridiculous amount of people?

So, my girls rallied, as they always do. We kept it simple...met at Cindi's for food, cocktails, and relaxtion. Steph, Gina, Kimmie, Cindi, and me....too much food, but a lot of laughs. And Luke pulled out his massage chair for me...much needed for stress!   Joe, Theresa, Joseph and Jeff hung out for a bit. Joseph filled us in on his trip to study abroad and attempted to make us some cocktails with Pimm's...we will be working on his bartending skills this summer. ;) We read Emma's blog and cried laughing with full knowledge that our group of girls will eventually be portrayed as crazy in her blog...we helped raise her (in our own little way), so if she makes us out to be crazy she best realize that the apple did not fall far from the tree. We didn't even realize that the storms had blown in, the Taste was closed down and half the city was without power...maybe that's why I love spending time at Jeff and Cindi's...I always feel safe there, I feel the unconditional love that they have always given me, I feel like I'm on vacation, and I feel like I can be vulnerable. But most importantly, I have had the best laughs, cocktails, parties, and friends there...what more can you ask for in life????

 Sat by the phone most of the day waiting to hear the pathology reports...is it inflammatory breast cancer or not??? Still don't know...it has been 3 days and we are hitting the weekend. I may not know until Monday.

XOXO,

S

If you or anyone you love is facing cancer PLEASE reach out to the American Cancer Society.  Nobody should face cancer alone.   http://www.cancer.org/  or 800.227.2345.   24 hours a day 365 days a year.  WE are here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment